oh how i love so you think you can dance..
i just can't get enough of it. i promised my self i'd do a walk every evening, but now i've opted for gluing my eyes to the tv for the duration of the show, and really, how can i not?
between the judges, mary's laugh, the absurd "talents" and the raw, amazing performers, i can't justify missing it. now in it's fourth season, this show just continues to keep me hooked. the talent is apparent, the people who just want their ten seconds of fame are hilarious, wearing ridiculous outfits, slipping and sliding all over the stage. i know i'm not the only one entertained by the hopefuls that burst into tears after being told they can't dance and that they haven't got what it takes. the "dancers" claim they've trained their entire life, only to hear the judges say they've wasted money and time..ouch. i remember one contestant from season three auditions, who claimed to be teacher, and nigel proceeded to tell him that all his students should ask for their money back. bah hah hah. i mean, how can one not enjoy that? but seriously, there are some very hardworking, amazing, and deserving participants. robert murraine, how does your body do that? phenomenal.
another reason this show is awesome is because it shows such a diversity in dance. however, there is not enough tap. although last night, i was so excited to see two female tap dancers audition. both went straight to vegas! maybe it will help expose more tap this year on the show. i love watching all the styles of dance performed, but as a tap dancer myself, it excites me ten times more to see those people representing. the judges have said in previous seasons, it's too complicated to choreograph a polished tap routine and teach it to the contestants in the alloted time. understandable. but with those tappers in vegas, i am hoping we'll be seeing more tap. now to wait and see if they can salsa, hiphop and perform modern with the rest of them!
tonight is the beginning of vegas week and i cannot wait! the weeding out process begins. the best vs. the best. go watch.
[look up this girl - Lizz Plott - youtube her, you wont be disappointed in her ability].
also, i'm pretty psyched for "so you think you can dance - canada". it's taken a long enough time to make it to north america. the start of the 4th season for the USA, and numerous other versions around the world, it's about time!! i hope it will be great! more dancing? more embarrassments? delightful. though speaking of embarrassments, leah miller as host? really? ugh, ugh, ugh, two thumbs way down.
here's hoping it wont disappoint.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Jessica!!!
So You Think You Can Dance is deffenlty the best program ever, alothough I missed this weeks episode or should I saw episodes I am sure that they will be shown on Much mulitiable times so I will not miss a second of it. Oh Marry she is soo funny with that hot tamaulie train of hers and the scream and the laughing I don't think she can get any better.
HA! and thoughs "dancers" although they are funny I think that they should give up with the hilumation and just get on with there lives they are pretty much doing it just so they can be "famouse" but I think that the joke should end soon, but it is pretty much the shows fault for putting them on air but I guess over all it gets people to watch because although it is wonderful to watch amazing dancers it is also wonderful at some points to watch the crap ones. Like Sex I think that should end and he should just give up and get over the embarassment. If he does come next season they should not show his "dancing" or mention that he came or just say and yes sex did come just for all of em curious viewers. I am pretty sure now he can have a huge youtube fan base with out having to waist TV time. HA! remember that one woman last year that kinda just swad back and forth and said that it was hip hop and then mentioned that she spend 10 000$ on a dance workshoppe for that HA! You can get better dance instrutions by watching Ellen then what she learned. Anyways I think that I am done my comment becuase I have just made my own blog now.
3 Cheers for your blog and your dancing I think that you should try out for the Canada one and maybe when you are there you can for get to tie up your shoes and have one mistakenly fly off your foot while dancing and have it fly into Leah's face and leave a dent (which could be a improvement) I am pretty sure that tap shoes would hurt the most.
hahaha Oh, i love the end of your comment sarah.
thanks for that.
Post a Comment